Monday the 18th – the stay at home order for photographers in Minnesota has been relaxed, meaning we can return to immortalizing our clients through photography. (You didn’t know we couldn’t? Indeed. In fact there were photographers who were granted tickets for being out in public. Egads!)
Additionally the part time gig at St. Cloud Camera was halted. This IS the year that photography was going to be launched into full time. The time away from the part time gig has been a solid feeling of being full time, minus that it basically handed me the reins and said you can’t actually do any photography. Good luck.
In the downtime:
- We’ve read: Mostly Dead Things by Kristen Arnett & The Book of Dust by Philip Pullman, finished Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck.
- We designed, recorded and concocted a course for photographers to get beyond the basics: Beyond the Barking Basics
- We bought a printer scanner combo (thanks Shaq for the Epson suggestion) & got our taxes done (our milage: 10,200ish miles!)
- We sewed face masks and pushed Atomic Collars into active again
- The garden/yard gets worked on – including multiple trips to compost, trees from toothpick to a rather large stump dug up, and half the pergola taken down
- Bender has spent most of the time snoozing in the sun, not sure he’s aware I’m home all the time haha
Moving forward with sessions:
- We will keep our social distance – bring masks especially in urban settings
- If you or us are sick, we will reschedule after the yuck passes
- Viewing sessions will be via Skype / Google Meetings etc
** if you are comfortable having me in your home, we can meet in person
- You will get to meet all of the products from the back of my vehicle
– way easier to touch & feel them then trying to imagine what they are via an online meeting
Onward into the oddity that is 2020. (Seriously, whoever decided to break out the vintage Jumanji game…).
We’ll get through this together, even though we are apart.
We love all of you! Stay safe & snuggled in.